Your account can be closed in the account settings - “Identity”.
Prior to closing your account, please make sure to withdraw all your available funds from hosted wallets and safely store your XRP Ledger wallet’s secret key. Your XRP Ledger wallet can be imported elsewhere by using its pertaining secret key.
Your XRP Ledger wallet's secret key can be found in “WALLET” - “Advanced” settings.
To close your account:
- Click on your profile icon located in the upper-right corner of the screen, to open a drop-down menu.
- Choose the “Personal details” or "Settings" - "Identity" tab.
- Under the “Close account” segment at the bottom of the screen click “Close”.
- A warning window will open and you will be prompted to confirm this action or cancel it.
- Tick the boxes if you agree with the Disclaimer statements and click "Close account".
Once your account has been closed you will be automatically unsubscribed from all our system and marketing emails.
Please note that closing your GateHub account will not make the reserved balances from your XRP Ledger wallet available. For more information please refer to the article: XRP reserve.
In accordance with relevant AML/CTF legislation, GateHub is obligated to store customer's KYC information for a period of at least 5 years after the account closure. Upon closure, all account data and contained personal information is encrypted and securely stored in accordance with industry standards for the aforementioned retention period.
Related customer support correspondence is archived.