In order to activate an XRP Ledger wallet, a deposit of at least 10 XRP has to be made.
The first 10 XRP deposited to an XRP Ledger account are reserved and cannot be withdrawn. This is called the XRP reserve.
Activate your XRP Ledger wallet with XRP
Deposit at least 10 XRP to your XRP Ledger wallet address from another service or wallet.
- The wallet address can be found in “Wallet” in the middle of the screen.
- If you have more than one wallet in your GateHub account, please choose the desired wallet from the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner.
To read more about XRP Ledger wallets please click here.
Alternative method - GateHub funding
Make a non-XRP deposit to your disabled XRP Ledger wallet:
Only verified accounts can deposit FIAT currencies.
- Cryptocurrency deposit tutorial
- SEPA (EUR) deposit tutorial
- SWIFT (USD) deposit tutorial
- GBP UK bank deposit
- GBP deposit
Once your first deposit arrives, GateHub will fund the destination wallet with 10 XRP and send you an email with instructions to enable the deposited currency in your wallet. This process is called Setting a trust line.
Your XRP Ledger wallet should be activated within 24 hours after your first non-XRP deposit arrives.
When your XRP Ledger wallet is active and the proper trust lines are established, your first deposit should get credited within a few hours.
Note that GateHub will only fund one XRP Ledger wallet per account.