The option to add the destination tag ("Add DT") will appear when the destination XRP Ledger wallet address has been entered.
When sending funds via the XRP Ledger (INSTANT):
- Enter the XRP Ledger address
- Click the "Add DT" button that appears above your entered address
- Confirm the transaction.
What is a Destination tag?
A Destination tag is a 9-digit figure, unique to each hosted wallet. It works as a wallet address.
A Destination tag is not required when sending funds to your GateHub XRP Ledger wallet.
If you are sending to a GateHub hosted wallet, a Destination tag is required.
Some services require a Destination tag to be specified in addition to the destination wallet address in order to credit the correct account.
If you have sent funds without a Destination tag when it was required, please contact the receiving party to recover your funds. All cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible and GateHub will not refund such transactions.
Where do I find the destination tag?
The destination tag for your wallet on another service can be found by:
- Going to the account on that service.
- Find the option to deposit XRP.
- There are two possibilities:
- There will be an XRP Ledger address displayed and a 9-digit number displayed separately.
- There will be an XRP Ledger wallet address that has a ?dt="9-digit number" added at the end. You will need to copy the address and destination tag separately without "?dt=".