To enable 2FA for your account:
- Download and install the Authenticator app on your mobile device.
We recommend using Google Authenticator or you can choose another provider like Authy or Duo.
To install Google Authenticator app read the instructions here.
- Login to your GateHub profile.
- Go to “Account settings” (wrench icon) button located in the upper-right corner of the screen, next to the log out button.
- Open the “SECURITY” tab and click: “2-Factor Authentication”.
- Scan the QR code with your authentication app or enter the Authentication Key.
The Authentication Key should be saved in case you lose access to your authentication app. We advise you to store it in a safe place (offline storage or paper copy).
- Enter the generated 6-digit code into the Verification code box.
If you are using the Authy app and it generates a 7-digit or 8-digit code please read the article: What to do if your Authy generates a 7-digit or 8-digit code?
- Click “Enable 2-factor authentication”.
Please make sure the time settings between your authentication app and computer are synchronized (see article: Time Synchronisation for your 2FA App).
Do not delete your authentication app from your mobile device once 2FA is enabled in order to avoid getting locked out of your account.