To enable 2FA for your account:
- Download and install the Authenticator app on your mobile device.
We recommend using Google Authenticator or you can choose another provider like Authy or Duo.
To install Google Authenticator app read the instructions here.
- Login to your GateHub profile.
- Go to “Security settings” (click on your profile icon located in the upper-right corner of the screen, to open a drop-down menu and choose “Security”).
- Click: “2-Factor Authentication”.
- Add your GateHub account to your 2FA app. With your mobile phone scan the QR code using the authentication app or enter the Authentication Key manually.
The Authentication Key should be saved in case you lose access to your authentication app. We advise you to store it in a safe place (offline storage or paper copy).
- After your GateHub account has been successfully added to your mobile 2FA app, the app will generate 6-digit code. Enter the generated 6-digit code into the Verification code box.
If you are using the Authy app and it generates a 7-digit or 8-digit code please read the article: What to do if your Authy generates a 7-digit or 8-digit code?
- Click “Enable 2-factor authentication”.
Please make sure the time settings between your authentication app and computer are synchronized (see article: Time Synchronisation for your 2FA App).
Do not delete your authentication app from your mobile device once 2FA is enabled in order to avoid getting locked out of your account.