Prior to disabling your 2FA
If you wish to disable your 2FA authenticator on account of the app not working properly, please see some possible solutions prior to disabling it:
- Please make sure your mobile device and computer are time synced:
Time Synchronization for your 2FA App
- If your Authy app is generating 7 or 8 digits:
Manage your Authy settings
To disable 2FA in your account
If you have access to your account and you wish to disable your 2FA:
- Login to your GateHub profile.
- Go to account settings (click on your profile icon located in the upper-right corner of the screen, to open a drop-down menu and choose “Settings”).
- Open the “SECURITY” tab and click: “2-Factor Authentication”.
- Click “Disable 2-factor authentication”.
To disable 2FA if you have lost access to your 2FA app
If you have lost access to your 2FA app, you can submit a request to have your 2FA disabled.
When submitting a request:
- Choose the issue: 2-Factor Authentication.
- Choose the Category: 2-FA disable.
- Enter Subject: 2FA disable.
- Submit your login email address and leave a short description.
Please note that you will have to prove your identity if you wish to have the 2FA reset for your account. You will receive the instructions in our automated email.