Account verification at GateHub is an important step that allows you to send and receive as well as trade or exchange GateHub-issued crypto assets. Besides your personal information, this process requires images of your:
Although it is crucial that you submit the right type of the document to pass the verification, it is also very important that the image of the document we receive meets certain requirements, so that we can process it accordingly.
To avoid being rejected due to the bad quality of the photo or other similar reasons, please make sure that any photo you send, especially of your ID document, meets the criteria below.
- Supported formats for uploading document images are JPEG, PNG, JPG, or
- Make sure to send us a high-quality image of the document so that all the information is clearly visible.
- The photo has to be clear, with proper contrast and sharpness, so be careful that the image is not blurry.
- When taking the photo of the document, place the document in a well-lit room or in natural lighting.
- Make sure there isn't any glare from a light obstructing any of the details on the image. To prevent that from happening we also suggest avoiding the use of camera flash.
- Make sure there are no reflections or shadows in the photo.
ID document position and requirements in the image
- ID document must be visible end-to-end, which means all four corners of your ID are visible in the photo.
- When making a scan, it should be centrally aligned with a full front view of the document.
- No information should be obscured or censored (only GateHub specific watermarks are allowed).
- Make sure there are no smudges on the document.
- It is most useful if the background of the photo or scan is uniform white or light-coloured, preferably a neutral grey.