You are strongly advised to set up 2-factor authentication (2FA). This is an additional security measure to ensure you are the only one who can access your wallet.
2FA is a two-component authentication method. It requires a smartphone (or tablet) with installed software that generates a one-time-valid, dynamic passcode consisting of digits (also known as verification code). Verification code is valid for 30 seconds. Upon expiry, the authentication app will generate a new verification code.
We recommend using Google Authenticator or Authy app.
How to activate 2FA:
1. download and install Google Authenticator or Authy app on your mobile device,
2. login to your GateHub profile and navigate to Settings -> security -> 2FA and turn it on,
3. open authentication app from step 1) and scan the on-screen QR code,
4. enter the generated 6 digit Verification code into the Verification code box,
5. click Enable 2-step verification,
6. do not delete your authentication app from your mobile device once 2FA is enabled;
Important: Once 2FA is enabled, you will be prompted to input the verification code generated by the authentication app on your mobile device every time you try to login into your GateHub account. Please make sure your time settings between your authentication app and computer are synchronised.
Locked out? Get more info here.